Parks & Recreation
Although some things have changed due to Minnesota’s safety guidelines around COVID-19, we are offering many programs and activities to be excited about!
Here are some updates regarding Parks & Rec programs and facilities:
- Beginning July 6, 2020, we will reopen the VMCC and its facilities in careful phases.
- This FAQ document will help address your questions about the VMCC reopening.
- Details on new program dates and times will continue to be posted on our Recreation page and on our social media pages as they become available.
- Inver Grove Heights parks and trails remain open, as long as social distancing is practiced. Read all the details on how to stay safe when visiting.
Discover the Opportunities
Inver Grove Heights Parks & Recreation Department provides the community with a variety of sports and recreational programs for all ages, as well as numerous special events and outings.
We also oversee and maintain 28 parks with scenic views, miles of paved and unpaved trails, and many amenities including playgrounds, fishing piers, sledding hills, outdoor rinks, warming houses and pavilions, parking, restrooms, BBQ pits, Disc Golf Course, Off-leash Dog areas and much more. View our parks and their locations and amenities on our sidebar.
Safety: We care deeply about the safety of our IGH community members and visitors. We and our vendors follow several guidelines and regulations (ASTM, CSPC and ADA safety and accessibility standards) when building amenities in our parks, including our playgrounds. Learn more.
Accessibility: Our goal is to make it possible for everyone, including persons with disabilities, to take advantage of the park system and its offerings.
We strive to make the parks available for everyone with accessible facilities and the availability of adaptive equipment. Please call 651-450-2585 to request special services.
Publications and Registration
- View the Current Parks & Recreation Brochure for a complete list of programs, events and activities
- Visit the Online Registration page to sign-up for programs, events and activities
- Visit the Job Postings page to view current opportunities (full-time, part-time, seasonal)
Join now through Sept. 30 and the enrollment fee is waived! Read on...
New project work begins July 13 at 60th St, Bacon Ave and 62nd St. Includes detour route for McGroarty Trail for pedestrians and bicyclists through October. Read on...