Pool Specials & Classes
**The Lap Pool and Dive well will be CLOSED from Wed., Feb. 27 through Fri., April 5 for renovations**
It will reopen by 6 a.m. Sat., April 6. The Indoor Water Park will still be open during its regular operating hours.
March 23-31 click here for full Spring Break schedule
The Indoor Water Park (NOT the Lap Pool or Dive Well) will have extended hours during March 23-31 for Spring Break. View Aquatics Page for rates.
- Morning Swim (Water Features are OFF) will be available Mondays and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m.
- Note: The Indoor Lap Pool/Dive Well will be closed for renovations
Learn more about open amenities and special Day Camps on the main Community Center page.
Morning Swim Time
This special swim time is designed for our younger swimmers (ages 5 and younger). The Water Park is open with the water features turned off. A lifeguard will be on duty. This is free for members and $3/person per morning for non-members.
Mondays & Saturdays: 9-11 a.m. January 1 through March 3, 2019
Swim in the Water Park with water features on Monday-Friday after 5:30 p.m. Cost is just $6/person
2019 Non-school Days
No School? Head to the Pool? (Non-School Days):
During the following non-school days (for ISD 199), the Water park is open from Noon-7:30 p.m. and the Lap pool and dive well are open from Noon-3 p.m. and 6:15-7:30 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
- ISD 199 Spring Break: Mon.-Fri., March 25-29 (Water Park Only/Lap Pool Closed)
- Friday, April 19
- Friday, May 24
Become certified in American Red Cross Lifeguarding for pools and water parks, First Aid and CPR/AED for the professional lifeguard. Must be 15 years of age by first class.
Skill prerequisites include:
- Continuous endurance swim: front crawl and/or breaststroke for 300 yards
- Timed skill sequence: 20 yard swim, retrieval of a 10lb object from 7 to 10 feet deep, swim 20 yards carrying the object and exit the water within 1 minute, 40 seconds
- Tread water: 2 minutes using legs only
- April 12-14, 2019: $250 - 7 hours of online training before the first day of class, then water training April 12-14 (Friday: 5:30-8:30 p.m.; Sat. and Sun.: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.). Register by April 5 at: http://invergroveheights.maxgalaxy.net/Registration.aspx?ActivityID+6646.
Water Safety Instructor Course (ages 16-adult)
Teaching children and adults to swim is a rewarding experience. It provides them with the knowledge and skills they need to stay safe in the water and gives a lifetime of enjoyment in the water.
The WSI training course is a blended learning course that provides certification to teach American Red Cross swimming lessons. This class involves in-classroom time and outside class work online.
Fee: $215/ person plus $37 fee to Red Cross
- May 3-5, 2019: Friday: 5:30-8:30 p.m.; Sat.: 8:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.; Sunday: 8:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Register by April 26 at: http://invergroveheights.maxgalaxy.net/Registration.aspx?ActivityID+6634.
Log Rolling (ages 6-adult)
Unsure about Log Rolling and want to try it out? Get in the water and get ready to have fun! Staff will be on-hand to coach you on the log rolling basics. Purchase a wristband to participate! Pre-registration is not required, just come!
Dates: Fridays: June 14, July 19, Aug. 16;
Time: Noon-1 p.m.
Fee: Free/member; $5/non-member
Log Rolling Club (ages 6-adult)
Here is something that is fun, good for you and the entire family can participate! Work on techniques to improve your log rolling skills. Strengthen your core and balance! Be a part of the club! Pre-registration is required, register online: www.invergroveheights.org/register
Dates: Sundays, June 9-July 28
Time: 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Fee: $29/member; $49/non-member