Fitness Special Events & Programs
We are always looking for creative ways to get people active and healthy. Check out some of the upcoming events and programs. Most require registration, so make sure to sign-up to reserve your spot!
- Registration: Register online or in-person at The Grove Aquatic & Fitness Center Guest Services Desk. Registration for classes is available any time, but participants must register at least one week in advance of the event start date. There is a $10 late fee for registrations after the deadline.
Simple Steps I April 1-July 31 I FREE
We are excited to partner with Dakota County Simple Steps and offer this FREE walking program!
Simple Steps will help you energize and reduce stress, engage with friends and enjoy your community. Regular physical activity like walking can help prevent chronic diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancer and can help maintain a healthy weight.
Join this Dakota County program for FREE under the "IGH Parks and Rec" Team for additional incentives: Select a Team #, as in Team 1, Team 2... if the number does NOT work, the team # is full and indicate the next number up. There is not a limit on the number of people that can sign-up, but there is a limitation on the registration site and adding the team # helps to work around this restriction).
Register at www.dakotacounty.us between now and June 15.
Rewards and Prizes
Log your walking and share your journey and tag us on social media to be eligible for prizes.
For more information, call 651.554.3420 or email email@example.com.
Healthy Living Fair I Wed, April 24 I 9 a.m.-Noon I FREE!
*Formerly the Active Aging Fair
This great event provides access to local vendors with information on adult health, wellness, housing, transition, financial planning and more will be available to visit. Learn more about healthy living and resources available in your area! Vendor booths will be set-up in the National Guard Gymnasium at the Community Center.
Try a fitness class for Free that morning. To see a list of classes go to www.invergroveheights.org/groupfitness.
We are excited to offer several great Guest Speakers to discuss several health and wellness topics, including:
- Fit Bit Wearable Technology (The Grove Aquatic & Fitness Center): 9:15 a.m.
- Fraud Protection (Hiway Federal Credit Union): 9:45 a.m.
- Slowing the Aging Process (The Grove Aquatic & Fitness Center): 10:15 a.m.
- Outstanding Orchids (U of M Master Gardener): 10:45 a.m.
- Improving your Gait (Northwestern Health Services): 11:15 a.m.
- Preparing your Home for Sale (Bright Birch Real Estate): 11:30 a.m.
Special thanks to our Sponsors, Hiway Federal Credit Union and Humana for making this event possible!
Food & Fitness
Trainers help you educate yourself to make better food choices, set goals and be accountable in class and online. And learn a different type of low-impact workout each week. Class will be 30 minutes of education and goal setting and 30 minutes of fitness. Register at least one week in advance to avoid $5 late fee.
- Thursdays: April 4-25 - 10-10:50 a.m.
- Thursdays: May 2-June 20 - 10-10:50 a.m. - $45/member; $65/non-member
Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Fitness Series I Ages 12 and up
Gain confidence and practice centering on a board.
Classes begin the week of April 16. Register at least one week in advance to avoid $5 late fee.
3 Week Sessions I $65/member; $85/non-member
- Tuesdays: April 16-30 - 8-8:50 p.m.
- Thursdays: April 18-May 2 - 8-8:50 p.m.
- Fridays: April 19-May 3 - 10:30-11:20 a.m.
- Sundays: April 28-May 19 (skip 5/12) - 10:30-11:20 a.m.
- Tuesdays: May 7-21 - 8-8:50 p.m.
- Thursdays: May 9-23 - 8-8:50 p.m.
Shape up for Summer: Personal Training Special I May 1-15 I PROMO CODE: "PT special"
Get ready for summer with a program tailored to you! Sign up for sessions (up to 9) between May 1-15 with a personal trainer and get the special rate of $55/hour for members and $65/hour for non-members.Sessions expiration are based on the amount you purchase. You will see the expiration when you register (click the blue info. bubble next to the package listing).
Register online by May 15, with promo code "PT special": http://invergroveheights.maxgalaxy.net/BrowsePackages.aspx.