The Inver Grove Heights Police Department, along with our law enforcement partners, have teamed together to offer the public a place to safely and anonymously dispose of prescription drugs. The box is clearly marked and located in front of the lower level of the Police Department, located at 8150 Barbara Av. The drop box is available 24/7.
How to Drop Off Your Medicine
• Drop-off is safe and anonymous. No ID is required and no questions will be asked.
• Keep medicines in their original container and place them in a sealed, clear plastic bag (pills can remain in their blister packs).
• Use a marker to cross out your name on the medicine containers.
• Place medicine that is no longer in its original container in a clear plastic bag and write the name of the medicine on the bag.
Medicines Accepted from Households:
• Medicines from households are accepted in any form, including prescription, over-the-counter, and pet medications.
• No medicines from businesses, including health care facilities, long-term care facilities, pharmacies, doctors’ offices, and veterinary clinics can be accepted.
List of What is Not Accepted:
• Sharps; or
• Fever thermometers.
The above items can be brought to The Recycling Zone located at 3365 Dodd Road, Eagan, Phone 651-905-4520, for free, environmentally safe disposal.