Annual Clean-Up Day
Annual Clean-Up Day - Saturday, September 19, 2020
Residents of the City of Inver Grove Heights, West St. Paul and Sunfish Lake are invited to the IGH Annual Clean-Up Day! Stop by to dispose of your unwanted items. Accepted items and prices are listed below. Cash and checks are accepted. Please bring small bills. Proof of residency, such as a driver’s license, is required.
***Weather Notice*** Please note the event will be held rain or shine. In the case of severe weather, like lightening, the event will be delayed until severe weather passes.
The following will be accepted at our 2020 event. Please view the full list of accepted items and prices in the table below or download a printable sheet here.
|Accepted Items||Prices & Descriptions|
|Appliances||• $5 per small appliance (blender, toaster, coffee maker, etc.)
• $10 per large appliance (vacuum, microwave, dehumidifier, refrigerator, air conditioner, etc.)
• $15 per vacuum
|Batteries||• $1 per pound of alkaline batteries (AA, AAA, etc.)
• $2 per any other battery (car, laptop, etc.)
|Carpet and Carpet Padding||• $5 per roll|
|Clothing, Shoes and Textiles||• FREE: Gently used items only. Including clothing, shoes, accessories (hat, purse, belt, etc.), household textiles (towels, drapes, sheets, blankets, etc.)|
|Confidential Document Shredding||• FREE: On-site confidential document shredding. Please remove all 3-ring binders, binder clips or metal tabs on file folders from the items you bring.|
* Please note this is the final year of construction debris collection. A list of local year-round disposal opportunities is listed below.
|Construction debris such as concrete, shingles, insulation, lumber, etc. Limit of one pickup load per household.
• $10 per individual item: Sink, toilet, tub, etc.
• $25 per ½ pickup truck, SUV or car load
• $50 per full pickup truck load
|Electronics||• $10 per TV (less than 20 lbs)
• $20 per TV (more than 20 lbs)
• $10 per computer monitor (less than 20 lbs)
• $20 per computer monitor (more than 20 lbs)
• FREE: Computers towers, laptops, tablets, keyboards & mice, desktop printers & ink cartridges, desktop copiers, fax machines, cables and cords, network equipment, audio equipment, phones, dvd player, ipods, etc.
|Exercise Equipment||• $10 per equipment with no electronics (bench press, leg press, etc.)
• $25 per equipment with electronics (treadmill, elliptical, exercise bike, etc.)
|Furniture (landfill disposal only)
* If your furniture is in reusable condition, please utilize year-round donation or online selling platforms listed below.
|• $5 per small items: Desk chair, kitchen chair, barstool, outdoor chair, and end tables.
• $15 per large items: Couch, loveseat, recliner, dresser, dining table, vanity, desk, ottoman, etc.
|Gas Powered Items||Please drain all liquids
• $10 per snow blower
• $10 per push lawn mower
• $25 per riding lawn mower
|Light Bulbs||• $1 per item (any size or type)|
|LP Tanks||• $5 per item (drained of liquids)|
|Mattresses and Box Springs||• $15 per mattress
• $15 per box-spring
|Plastic Items||• $5 per item (large items only)|
|Scrap metal||• $1 per item|
|Tires and Rims||• FREE: any tire without rim
• FREE: any rim without tire
• $2 per bike tire (with rim)
• $6 per car tire (with rim)
• $8 per truck tire (with rim)
• $12 per semi tire (with rim)
Year-Round Disposal Opportunities
Please visit our Green Guide to learn how to dispose of unwanted items any time of the year.
Questions or Interested in Volunteering?
Email Ally Sutherland or call (651) 604-8511
To learn more about our Clean Up Day event, check out the video below recorded by Insight 7!